We know loads of mums look for gorgeous homemade gifts to give to teachers etc or for the person who has everything. This festive granola would be perfect in a glass jar with a cute ribbon and to us the taste is Christmas in a jar.
For me it is sweet enough but for the sweet toothed gift givers (or receivers) a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar could be used instead of ground cinnamon at the end.
- 1 cup Brushwoods Fresh Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup macadamia halves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apple
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts
- Sprinkle of ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon or cinnamon sugar if you have a particularly sweet tooth
- Mix together the honey and oil and set aside
- Grab a big bowl and add the oats, cranberries, coconut, macadamias and then add the honey oil mixture to this and mix really well.
- Place on a large baking tray lined with baking paper and place in a preheated oven at 150 degrees to slowly cook and go golden. Make sure you have spread your mixture all over the tray and it is as thin as you can get it.
- At the 12 or 13 minute mark take the mixture out of the oven, mix well and spread evenly and thinly again and place back into oven to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Check on your mix while it's cooking as every oven varies and when it is golden (not necessarily crunchy as it goes harder when you cool it down) it's ready. Total cooking time is likely to be around 25-35 minutes.
- Now add the goji berries, chopped apples, pecans and mix well. Sprinkle with some nutmeg and cinnamon (amount up to you depending on your taste but as a guide we use about a teaspoon of cinnamon and a half teaspoon of nutmeg) and mix well to combine.
Make sure you keep a batch for yourself – it goes so nicely over some fresh vanilla or natural yoghurt for breakfast, the perfect Christmas morning breakfast. If you are giving this as a gift it looks beautifully displayed (and stores well too) in a glass jar with an air tight lid. Tie some ribbon around it and voila you have an easy and thoughtful gift for the person who has everything! Merry Christmas xx